The purpose of this course is to enhance student understanding of American History and the development of the United States through the use of history, economics, geography, and civics from 1791 and the birth of the US as a nation-1877 and the end of Reconstruction.
Topics include but are not limited to…
- Early American government
- Developing a new nation
- Early challenges to the nation
- Regional growth / Westward expansion
- Antebellum / social reform movements
- Events before the US Civil War
- The US Civil War
- Examining perspectives in American history
- Test/Projects 40%
- Quizzes 25%
- Classwork 35%
Late Work Policy: To receive full credit, students must turn in assignments on the due date as announced in class. Late assignments will receive a 10% point deduction up to 2 days late. If the assignments are 3 or more days late students will receive and automatic 60%.